- Product Care
Raw Amethyst Crystal Jewellery Stud Earrings in a beautiful aged copper setting with surgical steel posts. Perfect for February birthdays and Pisces zodiacs.
Amethyst has been in use for centuries by many different cultures and for many different reasons, including in rings of Christian bishops to signify royalty and allegiance to Christ. The name itself comes from the Greek amethustos, which means “not intoxicated” and the Ancient Greeks believed it could help people keep sober. One Greek myth is the god Bacchus was angry one day and vowed to unleash tigers on the next person he saw. This poor soul happened to be Amethyst and as the tigers were about to set on her, she prayed to the goddess Diana for help. Diana turned Amethyst into a white crystal. Bacchus, feeling bad for that he had done, poured wine on the white crystal which gave it a purple hue.
Raw Stone - 6mm to 8mm electroformed in copper
Chakra association: Crown
Used for: Protection
Gemstone origin: Zambia
All pieces are handcrafted, so please allow for slight variations or flaws - that's what makes them special! Every piece is unique in its own way and made with love, that's the advantage over machine-made.
About Electroforming Process/jewellery
The plating process uses electricity to transfer jewellery-grade copper from sheet form, onto crystal stones. It makes the jewellery extremely durable, beautiful, and one of a kind. Each time we electro-form, the copper builds up differently. It builds particle by particle, not uniformly. It's science and ancient jewellery design from the 1800s at its best. It's fascinating and a labour of love.
With these studs, we did not oxidize or darken the copper, but it has a lovely natural tarnish to it already. The studs may continue to darken in the future, which makes it even more unique!
We have used Renaissance Wax to buff the studs and they come with surgical steel posts!
⚒ LET'S CONNECT!
Instagram / @bewitchedcrystalsandcandles
Facebook / bewitchedcrystalsandcandles
All our jewellery is packed in custom sleek black boxes, which you can also use for gifting. It is kept protected in the mail by padded postal envelopes.
♥ CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
Humidity is the enemy; keep it dry! Store your goodies individually in the air-tight plastic bag.
Avoid rough wear to slow down the natural process of “wear and tear”.
Perfume, hairspray & other types of lotion may contain harsh chemicals that can tarnish your jewellery over time.
Use jewellery polishing cloth if you need shiny copper finish else the copper will age into a beautiful patina.
All our copper jewellery is unsealed to benefit the skin from healing copper properties.
- Each candle has a memory so when burning the candle for the first time make sure you burn the wax on entire surface to prevent tunneling.
- Trim wick to 1/4" each time before lighting to prevent sooting.
- Always place your candle on a fireproof surface or holder.
- Never burn a candle completely and dispose of it when it burns to within 1/2" of its base or the holder.Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Each crystal around the candle can withstand heat but make sure it not obstructing the wick.
- Botanicals have been intentionally placed further away from the wick.Make sure to remove them or place away from the wick when lighting the candle.
- Please note that some frosting may occur on the candle because it's made from pure soy wax without any additives. It's a mark of pure Soy wax which has a cleaner and longer burn.
- Bright copper has a shiny/silver will darken/oxidise naturally over time unless mentioned as sealed in product description.
- If you prefer shiny copper/silver you can simply rub it with a professional jewellery polishing cloth that comes with it.
- If you would like to clean your gold vermeil jewellery wash it with a small amount of gentle non-chemical soap and warm water.
- Rinse it well and allow to dry on a cloth or paper towel.
- Use a soft, non-abrasive cloth and gently rub the surface in a circular motion to clean.
- Make sure it is fully dry before returning to its box or airtight bag for storage.
- Do not use a silver cloth as it will quickly remove the gold plating!
- You can use plain cool water to clean your crystals and use a soft brush if need.
- Not all crystals do well in water so make sure to look up if the crystal dissolves in water.
- Any soft crystal mostly ending with "ites" like Selenite, Lepidolite, Azurite, Malachite, Calcite, Angelite, Halite (Rock Salt), Celestite, Fluorite, Rhodocrosite and Ammolite should be kept out of water.
We use Australia Post to ship our orders Domestic and Internationally and it is automatically calculated according to the product weight. We have tried to keep the shipping as low as possible to make it convenient for our shoppers.
Within Australia, we offer free standard shipping for all orders $100 and above.
Within our local area of Bayside, Melbourne, we offer free shipping for all orders $40 and above, for Brighton (postcodes 3186 and 3187), Hampton (postcode 3188), Sandringham (postcode 3191) and Moorabbin (postcode 3189).