Sleep Scent Therapy Candle
Jasmine scented candle.
60 hours burn time, 400 ml.
Researchers in Germany have shown that jasmine is effective in helping people with sleep because the GABA-effect on those nerve cells active in sleep was enhanced by its fragrance.
It is even described as effective as the commonly prescribed barbiturates or propofol! So there is certainly enough scientific evidence out there to show that the fragrances incorporated in candles as a form of scent therapy can give scientifically validated benefits to users. But many of you just know from experience how relaxing it is to run a bath, pour a glass of wine and light a candle. It’s the perfect way to end a long day or a stressful week, so the proof is in the pudding.
Aromachology is the use of fragrances to enhance or promote well being. Scented candles is one form of aromachology you might like to consider for self care. Even though there have been a lot of studies on how scents affect us, a lot of people are quite unaware or have a negative view of scent therapy. Perhaps the more well known is aromatherapy, although a recent term, as a practice it has been around for thousands of years, with the Ancient Egyptians believing it could treat diseases and the Ancient Greek physician Dioscorides wrote a book on how essential oils had healing properties. Aromachology is a lesser known field, but it looks at how both fragrance oils and essential oils benefit you.
- Each candle has a memory so when burning the candle for the first time make sure you burn the wax on entire surface to prevent tunneling.
- Trim wick to 1/4" each time before lighting.
- Always place your candle on a fireproof surface or holder.
- Never burn a candle completely and dispose of it when it burns to within 1/2" of its base or the holder.Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Each crystal around the candle can withstand heat but make sure it not obstructing the wick.
- Please note that some frosting may occur on the candle because it's made from pure soy wax without any additives. It's a mark of pure Soy wax which has a cleaner and longer burn.
- Our copper rings are not sealed so you can benefit from the healing properties of copper.
- Bright copper has a shiny rose gold like colour that will darken/patina naturally over time.
- If you prefer shiny copper you can simply rub it with a professional jewellery polishing cloth that comes with it.
Gold plated and Vermeil Jewellery
- If you would like to clean your gold vermeil jewellery wash it with a small amount of gentle non-chemical soap and warm water.
- Rinse it well and allow to dry on a cloth or paper towel.
- Use a soft, non-abrasive cloth and gently rub the surface in a circular motion to clean.
- Make sure it is fully dry before returning to its box or airtight bag for storage.
- Do not use a silver cloth as it will quickly remove the gold plating!
- You can use plain cool water to clean your crystals and use a soft brush if need.
- Not all crystals do well in water so make sure to look up if the crystal dissolves in water.
- Any soft crystal mostly ending with "ites" like Selenite, Lepidolite, Azurite, Malachite, Calcite, Angelite, Halite (Rock Salt), Celestite, Fluorite, Rhodocrosite and Ammolite should be kept out of water.
- We use Australia Post to ship our orders Domestic and Internationally and it is automatically calculated according to the product weight. We have tried to keep the shipping as low as possible to make it convenient for our shoppers.
- Within Australia, we offer free standard shipping for all orders $100 and above.
- Within our local area of Bayside, Melbourne, we offer free shipping for all orders $40 and above, for Brighton (postcodes 3186 and 3187), Hampton (postcode 3188), Sandringham (postcode 3191) and Moorabbin (postcode 3189).